When we think of Christmas activities, one of the first ones we associate with this time is ice skating, and in Madrid, despite not always having snow, it has several ice skating rinks where you can enjoy this activity.
These ice skating are installed not only in the center, but also in other locations in the Community. In this way, you can go to know another area of the capital.
Today we leave you a list of the ice rinks that you will find very close to our Vitium Residences (place Link)
Ice rink in Plaza de España
One of the closest to our residences is Plaza España, which is part of “La Navideña”, the Christmas venue of Plaza España that includes a market, theater shows, restaurant areas and the natural ice rink that measures about 450 m2.
This ice rink will be open from Friday, November 25 to Sunday, January 8.
- Monday to Friday from 12:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (9:30 p.m. last pass) with a stop from 3:00 p.m. (2:30 p.m. last pass) to 4:00 p.m. for track maintenance work
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (9:30 p.m. last pass) with a stop from 4:00 p.m. (3:30 p.m. last pass) to 5:00 p.m. for track maintenance work
- 12/24, 12/31 and 1/05: from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (5:30 p.m. last pass) From Monday to Friday: from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., with a stop from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
General admission costs €6.50 and includes skate rental.
Entry with gloves costs €9.00 (the use of gloves is mandatory) and would include gloves and skates.
This pass is for 30 minutes
Address: Plaza de España, s/n
Ice rink in Palacio de Cibeles
With more than 300 square meters, the Galería de Cristal has been installed for 10 years, in the Palacio de Cibeles this closed ice rink, this year it will open its doors from December 16 to January 8.
Schedule for this ice rink is:
- General hours: from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- December 16: from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- December 24 and 31: from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- December 25 and January 1: from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- January 5: opening at 11:00 (closing time to be confirmed)
- January 6: from 12:00 to 21:00.
The ticket price is €6.50, includes rental of skating equipment and use of the rink for 30 minutes.
Address: Calle de Montalbán, 1
Matadero Madrid ice rink
A little more from the center but worth going to know is the Matadero rink, which is located in the cultural space of Matadero Madrid with its 600 square meters outdoors, where in addition to skating you can enjoy Free figure skating exhibitions by the Madrid Winter Sports Federation on December 23, 28 and 30, at 4:30 p.m.
- On December 3, 9, 10, 13-17, 20-22, the hours will be from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- On December 4-8, 11, 12, 18, 19, 23, 27-29 and January 3-9, the hours will be from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- On December 26, 30 and January 2, the hours will be from 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- On December 24, 25, 31 and January 1, the Matadero Madrid Cultural Center will remain closed and there will be no activity on the ice rink. From December 23 to January 8: from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
The schedule will also be subject to weather conditions.
The entrance will be priced at €6.5 for each 30-minute pass, including skate rental and plastic leggings. You can also buy gloves for €1.6 and rent walkers for children for €2.
Plaza de Colón ice rink
With the name of “Javier Fernández ice rink”, in honor of the Olympic figure skating champion, and located in the Plaza de Colón.
Next to the Plaza España track, it was the first to open this Christmas. In this enclosure there will also be a carousel and a Christmas market, the ice rink measures about 800 square meters. The track will be available from November 25 to January 8.
- From November 25 to December 4: from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday) and from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Saturday and Sunday).
- From December 5 to 11: from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (every day).
- From December 12 to 18: from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Monday to Thursday) and from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Friday to Sunday).
- From December 19 to 31: from 11:00 to 22:00, except December 24 from 11:00 to 19:30, December 25 from 17:00 to 22:00 and December 31 from 11:00 to 19:30.
- January 1: 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- From January 2 to 8: from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., except January 5 from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and January 6 from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The ticket costs €8, €10 with gloves, €11 with a teddy bear and €12 with gloves and a teddy bear. 10% of the proceeds will go to Down Spain, so if you decide to go to this ice rink you will be contributing to a good cause.
Address: Plaza de Colón, s/n
Ice rink in Plaza Juan Gotysolo
It is located next to the Reina Sofía and Atocha Museum, in Juan Goytisolo square, also classified as one of the most central and attractive in Madrid, since in the same square they usually incorporate a Christmas market where you can do your shopping or give yourself a whim.
Regarding the price and schedules
- From Monday to Thursday at €5
- From Friday to Sunday at €7.5
You can rent gloves for €2 and walkers or helmets for €3.
A skating rink will be located from December 9 to January 15.
Well, now all you must do is decide the days and hours that you will go ice skating in our capital and the plan is resolved.
And remember that if you stay in one of our residences in the center of Madrid you will be able to enjoy the best options to enjoy this Christmas season.